Your smile is one of the first things that a stranger will notice about you and no one should have to worry about new clients or coworkers seeing large gaps, overcrowded teeth, and other cosmetic issues. Traditional metal braces are one option for straightening teeth, but these orthodontic devices can make daily hygiene habits a time-consuming chore and are often quite unsightly. Adult Invisalign® is a modern technique for treating many of the same issues without the drawbacks of metal braces.
Patients will use a series of clear Invisalign trays (also called aligners) to apply pressure to their teeth and push them into the correct position. These trays are customized for every single patient so that they are comfortable and almost completely invisible. You no longer need to worry about wearing braces for two years or longer before you can show off your smile once again.
What are the Benefits of Adult Invisalign?
Patients that choose Adult Invisalign over metal braces will notice a number of amazing benefits including:
- Improved Oral Hygiene — Patients have the ability to remove the trays at any time and this makes daily oral hygiene habits, such as brushing and flossing, much easier.
- A More Discreet Look — One of the most common reasons that adult patients avoid orthodontic treatments is because they would like to avoid the appearance of metal braces. Invisalign aligners allow patients to straighten their smile without the need for obtrusive metal wires and brackets.
- No Dietary Restrictions — Anyone that has braces will need to avoid certain foods so that they do not damage their orthodontic devices. Adult Invisalign requires absolutely no dietary restrictions.
- Comfort — These trays are made custom for every patient to ensure maximum comfort.
- Teeth-Grinding Protection — Invisalign aligners can act as a night guard for patients who grind their teeth or clench their jaw while sleeping.
What Can I Expect from Adult Invisalign?
Instead of visiting Dr. Steven Ricci to have your braces tightened and adjusted every few weeks, you will receive a new set of Invisalign trays every two weeks. Each new set of trays will further straighten your teeth and allow you to create a world-class smile. These trays should be worn for a minimum of 22 hours a day, but they can be taken out at any time to enjoy a meal or brush your teeth. This system allows you to straighten your smile without disrupting your daily life.
Is Adult Invisalign Right for Me?
Most adults that want to straighten their smile would like to avoid the many disadvantages of traditional metal braces. Adult Invisalign® is one of the most discreet and effective options for treating many of the most common orthodontic issues that patients will experience in their lifetime. Invisalign aligners can be used to treat mild cases of the following:
- Crooked teeth
- An overcrowded smile
- Gaps between your teeth
- Bite pattern issues
- Protruding teeth
Learn more about Adult Invisalign in Johns Creek, Georgia, by contacting Ricci Orthodontics at 678-417-9848 today. Our orthodontist can provide you with further treatment details and an estimation of cost.