Orthodontics is a valuable branch of dentistry that was formed to straighten crooked smiles. Orthodontic treatment often features braces as the star player. These are composed of stainless steel spacers which attached to your teeth and are linked by an archwire. The archwire is tightened every six to eight weeks by your orthodontist, Dr. [doctor_name], shifting your teeth into steady alignment. Orthodontics can improve your smile in these ways:
– It can pull apart your crowded teeth so they are positioned directly next to each other.
– Orthodontics can alternately close in the gaps found between teeth.
– It can correct overbites, underbites, crossbites, open bites and other types of malocclusions or misalignments of the top and bottom jawbone.
– Straight teeth will decrease your chances of dental injury or tooth decay; there are fewer spaces for bacteria to hide or chances to wear down your teeth by them rubbing against each other.
– It will increase the beauty of your smile and in some cases strengthen the look of the jaw.
– An even bite can protect the jaw joints and surrounding cartilage and decrease your probability of jaw disorders such as TMD or bruxism.
– It will treat other disorders such as a cleft lip and palate or mild sleep apnea.
With all these benefits, it’s apparent what orthodontics can do for your smile. If you or a member of your family would like orthodontic treatment, you can ring [practice_name] in [city], [state] at [phone] for a personal consultation.