When it comes to caring for your health, there are numerous components to keep track of. Overall, you must manage your mental, physical, and oral health to ensure you’re living at your very best. Then, among each subcategory, there are aspects to manage for optimal health. When it comes to your oral health, proper care and cleaning are essential. An oral healthcare in review and proper cleanings for braces is one way to properly manage your oral health.
What Are Braces?
Before you learn about how to properly clean your braces, it’s important to have an understanding of what these devices are. Dental braces are devices that attach to your teeth to help correct the alignment of your teeth. They help shift the teeth to make a proper bite and correct crowding, gapping, or overall crooked teeth. Today, patients have multiple options when it comes to their braces. The different types of braces available include the following:
- Metal braces
- Colored braces
- Ceramic braces
- Lingual braces
- Wilckodontics braces
Oral Healthcare in Review and Proper Cleanings for Braces
Because your orthodontic care is essential for your oral health care, any orthodontic braces or aligner systems in place must be maintained and cleaned to ensure they continue to function as intended. For instance, if your aligners are damaged, they will not be able to function as required. By learning more about oral healthcare in review and proper cleanings for braces, you prepare yourself for bettering yourself.
Here are few tips for keeping your aligners clean to maintain your best oral health possible:
– Always remember to continue practicing safe and effective oral health care cleaning routines, including brushing and flossing your teeth daily.
– Never try to fix your braces if they should ever become damaged. Instead, bring them to your orthodontist for repairs.
– Make sure to remove your retainer from time to time for regularly scheduled cleanings. This helps to minimize the risk of contamination.
– Avoid playing sports or any high-risk activities that can easily lead to dental damage to your teeth and braces.
– Avoid products and substances that can easily become lodged and stuck in between your teeth and braces, including overly sticky and chewy foods.
Care at Ricci Orthodontics
If you wish to learn more about oral healthcare in review and proper cleanings for braces, you need to turn to Ricci Orthodontics. Now is the best time to visit the dentist office of Ricci Orthodontics for cleaning your braces or orthodontic treatment. Dr. Steven Ricci and our team at our office in Johns Creek, Georgia, is here to ensure you receive the straight smile you desire. Never neglect your oral health or do without the smile you deserve. Learn more about our available services by calling our office today. Reach us now at 678-932-0308.