How well do you know your malocclusions? Malocclusions, also known as “bad bites”, refer to misalignments and poor fits with your teeth and jaws. Malocclusions can be caused by a plethora of factors, many of which are out of your control. For all the various types and styles of common bad bites that may be distressing your smile, see the list below:
– Open Bites pop up when you have disconnected upper and lower incisors when biting down.
– Crossbites pop up when your lower jawbone protrudes out farther than your upper jawbone.
– Misplaces midlines pop up when the center of your upper incisors (front teeth) do not correctly align with the center of your lower incisors.
– Overbites, also called upper protrusions or buck teeth, pop up when your upper incisors protrude out farther than your lower incisors.
– Rotation malocclusions pop up when your teeth rotate out of their proper alignment.
– Transposition malocclusions pop up when your teeth erupt above the gum line in the wrong space.
– Spacing malocclusions pop up with overcrowded teeth or large gaps between teeth.
– Underbites, also known as bulldog teeth, pop up when your lower incisors protrude out further than the upper incisors.
For additional help, Dr. [doctor_name] and our team at [practice_name] are here to give you the smile you desire. If you would like to schedule an appointment to come see us at our orthodontic office in [city], [state], please contact us at [phone] to speak with a member of our team. It’s time to fight back and get the straight smile you deserve!