Orthodontics is a valuable branch of dentistry that was formed to straighten crooked smiles. Georgia orthodontic treatment often features braces for your teeth as the star player. These are composed of stainless steel spacers for braces which attached to your teeth and are linked by an archwire. The orthodontist will tighten the archwire every six to eight weeks. This will shift your teeth into steady alignment. After they remove the hardware from your mouth, you receive a custom retainer. The retainer will help to keep teeth in place and prevent them from shifting back. While some may think that braces or orthodontic work are unnecessary, it is important to realize the benefits of orthodontics.
The Benefits of Orthodontics
If you are skeptical about orthodontic work on either yourself or your child, take a moment to think it over. Do not make a decision over a doubt. But it is important to remember the benefits that come with working with an orthodontist. Take the time to consider the benefits of orthodontics.
There are several ways that orthodontics can make your smile and life better. Orthodontics can improve your smile in these ways:
- It can pull apart your crowded teeth so they are in a position directly next to each other.
- Orthodontics can alternately close in the gaps found between teeth.
- It can correct overbites, underbites, crossbites, open bites and other types of malocclusions or misalignments of the top and bottom jawbone.
- Straight teeth will decrease your chances of a dental injury or tooth decay; there are fewer spaces for bacteria to hide or chances to wear down your teeth by them rubbing against each other.
- It will increase the beauty of your smile and in some cases strengthen the look of the jaw.
- An even bite can protect the jaw joints and surrounding cartilage and decrease your probability of jaw disorders such as TMD or bruxism.
- It will treat other disorders such as a cleft lip and palate or mild sleep apnea.
Your Appointment at Ricci Orthodontics
With all these benefits of orthodontics, it is apparent what these services can do for your smile. If you or a member of your family would like orthodontic treatment, you can ring Ricci Orthodontics in Johns Creek, Georgia, at 678.932.0308 for a personal consultation. During this consultation, you will learn about your options when it comes to our orthodontic services. Our team will discuss the pros and cons of each option so you can make an educated decision about your oral care. We will discuss the process and procedure, what you can expect, and how to better care for your oral health.
We understand how this is a major decision, so we work to ensure you receive all of the information you need. Our team will take the time to answer your questions and hear your concerns. Schedule your appointment today. If you are ready to talk to someone about getting orthodontic work done, make the call today. It is time to begin enjoying the smile of your dreams.