It’s a common assumption that braces are only for teenagers. However, regardless of your age, it’s always possible to restore your smile and improve your dental health. For a variety of reasons, many adults were unable to correct problems during their childhood. These issues can include overbites, misaligned jaws, crowded teeth, underbites, jaw joint disorders, and crooked teeth. Over the years, if these issues are left untreated, they can progress towards more serious issues. These can include gum disease, serious tooth decay, chronic headaches, ear pain, as well as problems with speaking, biting, and chewing. Adult braces can give these individuals the help they need to correct these problems and protect their oral health in the future.
Other reasons that adults may benefit from orthodontic treatment:
- Correct a misaligned bite or malocclusion.
- Fix teeth that are either too crowded or too widely spaced apart, a significant contributor to advanced gum disease and tooth decay.
- Regain a more beautiful smile.
- Improve oral hygiene and health.
- Relieve pressure and pain in the jaw that is caused by misaligned or crooked teeth.